SSPAdmin :: PHP Administration for SlideShowPro
SSPAdmin : The Perfect Compliment to SlideShowPro
The recently released SlideShowPro from Todd Dominey has made it easier than ever to create dynamic image presentations in Flash MX 2004. Complimenting SlideShowPro, SSPAdmin further simplifies the process by allowing you to administer your photos in a secure web application. And the best part: You will never have to edit the XML file again!
The process is simple. Edit and compress your photos as you always do. Then, from within SSPAdmin's interface, upload those photos and edit captions, descriptions, linkouts, thumbnails and more.
- Image Upload - Upload your files one at a time or all of them at once in a ZIP archive. SSPAdmin breaks it apart and places the files right where they need to go, all on the fly!
- Thumbnail Generation - Need thumbs created from your full size images? SSPAdmin creates them all with a click of a button!
- Dynamic Albums - Control different slideshows from one install of SSPAdmin!
- Setting Albums Active or Inactive - Make albums invisible to visitors while you edit them. When they are ready for primetime, a click is all it takes to make them public.
- Setting the startHere attribute - If you have set up SlideShowPro to automatically start showing an album, you can specify which album you want to begin with from within the SSPAdmin interface. With version 1.1, you can now control how the rest of the albums fall in to place as well!
- Setting Album Metadata - Set the Album Name, Description and Thumbnail and optionally choose an audio track with a caption.
- Edit Image Information - Exclude individual images from public view, set the link and caption properties for each image. You can also tag an image to be the album thumbnail.
- Edit Image Display Order - As of version 1.1, you can now organize your photos to display in the order you want them to, right from SSPAdmin's friendly interface.
- Rescan for New Images - If you add images after the initial setup, SSPAdmin can rescan the folder and only add the new images, leaving the existing images and their data unharmed.
- Simple Integration with SlideShowPro - Just point SlideShowPro to the images.php file in SSPAdmin, and SSPAdmin dynamically generated the XML file each time SlideShowPro loads!
- Customizable Interface - Built with XHTML and CSS, you can customize the interface by simply editing the main.css file!
What you will need in order to use SSPAdmin:
- SlideShowPro - SSPAdmin does not include SlideShowPro. It must be purchased seperately from the SlideShowPro site. Other requirements apply for use of SlideShowPro. Check the site for details.
- A Web Server with PHP and MySQL - You will need a server running PHP (4.3.0 or later) and access to a MySQL database. Contact your host for more information.
You will also need a basic understanding of these technologies along with FTP.
At this time, SSPAdmin is NOT compatible with WIndows servers running PHP, only Linux servers are supported. We are working on this issue but have no timetable for when we will have cross compatiblity. Buy at your own risk.
- A Modern Web Browser - Tested on Firefox (Win/Mac), Mozilla(Win/Mac), Safari and Internet Explorer 6/Win. The latest version of Opera is also supported, with some slight styling problems that have been fixed for Version 1.1.
- 5 Minutes of Your Time - From download to finished install, that is about all it takes to get SSPAdmin up and running. In most cases, you will not even need to edit any raw text files, the SSPAdmin interface will take care of it for you!